Last updated: December 19, 2018
Information we collect
We collect information from you in three different ways: directly from your answers, from third-party sources, and through automated technologies.
Information you provide us
The types of personal data that we collect directly from you depend on the content and functionality of the Service you use, as well as the way you interact with us, and may include:
- your contact information, such as your name, email address, home address, phone number and social media username ;
- your account credentials, such as your usernames and passwords, your password hints, as well as similar security information ;
- other account and profile information, including educational, professional and other general information, such as your area of practice and interests, and your photo ;
- the content you upload, share, or store on your account, such as annotations, comments, contributions, and responses ;
- your payment details, such as a credit or debit card number ;
- the information you provide to us, such as questions or information you send to customer service ;
- the data you provide to us as part of your interaction with the Service, such as your bookmarks and search queries ; and or
- your communication preferences, such as your preferred language, as well as the frequency, type, and format of alerts you have subscribed to.
Data from your institution
We may obtain information about you from the institution for which you work or are affiliated to activate and manage your access and use of the institution's subscription to the Service, which includes:
- your contact information, such as your name and email address, institutional mailing address and phone number ;
- other account registration information, such as the title of your post ; and or
- your institutional user ID.
Data from other sources
We may also obtain your contact information and other information about you from other third parties, including:
- social networks when you allow the Service to access your data on one or more networks ;
- service providers who help us determine your location so you can customize certain products based on where you are ;
- partners with whom we offer co-branded services, or with whom we carry out joint marketing activities ; and or
- publicly available sources and data providers from whom we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we have.
Device and usage data
The Service may automatically collect information about you and your device interacts with the Service. These include:
- computer, device, and connection information, such as the IP address, browser type and version, operating system, and other software installed on your device; device and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data ;
- usage data, such as the features you use, the settings you have selected, data on the URL browsing path, including the date and time of the timestamp, the origin and destination pages , as well as the pages you visited on the Service ; and
- regarding Location-Sensitive Services, the physical location of your device.
Definition of "cookie" and its use
A "cookie" is a text file deposited on your computer when visiting the Service. In your computer, cookies are managed by your internet browser.
Different types of cookies are used on our Site:
- Cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of the Service. They allow you to use the main features of the Service (for example access to your account). Without these cookies, you will not be able to use the Service normally.
- Functional Cookies & nbsp ;: These are cookies that allow us to personalize your experience on the Service by remembering your preferences (such as social media site sharing cookies). These cookies may be placed by a third party on our behalf, but may not be used for purposes other than those described.
- Targeting Cookies : These cookies are related to services provided by third parties, such as "Like" or "Share" buttons. These cookies are placed by third parties.
Types of cookies used
The following types of cookies are used on this Site:
- Cookies "temporary" : This type of cookie is active in your browser until you leave our platform and expires if you do not access the Site for a certain period.
- "Permanent" cookies or "plotters" : This type of cookie stays in your browser's cookie file for a longer period, depending on the settings of your web browser. Permanent cookies are also called tracking cookies.
Use of third-party cookies
We may use third-party partners, such as Google Analytics, to track the activity of visitors to the Service or to identify your interests on the Service and personalize the offer addressed to you on or off the Service. of the Service. The information that can be collected by third-party advertisers may include data such as geo-location data or contact information, such as email addresses. The privacy policies of these third-party advertisers provide additional information about how cookies are used.
We make sure that the partner companies agree to treat the information collected on the Service exclusively for our needs and in accordance with our instructions, in compliance with the regulations and undertake to implement appropriate measures of security and protection of the confidentiality of the data.
You can disable cookies at any time by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser to disable cookies (the help section of the browser used specifies the procedure).
We draw your attention to the fact that disabling cookies may reduce or prevent accessibility to all or part of certain features.
Way of using the data we collect
We are committed to providing you with relevant and useful experience. Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to :
- provide, activate and manage your access and use of the Service ;
- Process and execute a request, an order, a download, a subscription, or any other transaction ;
- offer you personalized content and other personalization to make the Service more efficient and better suited to your interests and your geographical area ;
- enrich and improve the Service, including adding new content and new features ;
- inform you of any changes, updates, or other announcements regarding the Service ;
- offer targeted advertising, promotional messages, and other information related to the Service and your interests ;
- provide product, technical and other support and enable the Service to continue to operate safely ; and or
- identify usage patterns and develop data analyzes, including for study, audit, reporting and other business purposes, including the payment of royalties and license fees to third-party content, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, evaluating our business performance, or for other purposes under a customer contract.
We may also use your personal information for:
- answer your queries, requests, comments or problems ;
- organize and administer user tests and surveys, competitions and similar operations ;
- offer you relevant promotional messages and other information about our products, events and services, as well as those of third parties, such as other companies and sponsors ;
- enrich and improve our products, events and services, and develop new ones ; and or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and execute our contracts.
Sharing your information
Your personal data collected via Service is intended for own use by TAPH TECH but may be shared in the following ways, and in the following contexts with:
If you access the Service through a subscription managed by your institution, your personal information and certain usage data collected through the Service may be viewed or shared with administrators authorized by your institution for the purposes of analysis. use, subscription management, test management and rehabilitation.
We may disclose to your institution or third parties non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymous usage data reports and aggregate information, in accordance with all applicable legal or contractual obligations.
Our suppliers and service providers
publishers, proofreaders, payment processors, customer service, e-mail service providers, event and event hosting service providers, direct mail houses, shipping agents, and service providers. computer services,
We will also disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary in order to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or any other legal obligation ;
- detect, investigate and avoid any security or fraud related issues or technical issues ;
- protect the rights, property or safety of TAPH TECH, our users, employees or others ; and,
in the course of a business transaction, such as a transfer of assets, an acquisition or a merger with another company.
Use of the Service in connection with social networks
When you use social networks and a Service related to social networks, this is likely to lead to the collection and exchange of certain data between social networks and TAPH TECH.
We are not responsible for the use of your data by social networks for their own account. You have the ability to set up and control directly on social networks access and confidentiality of your data.
If you are an administrator of an institution subscribed to a Service, we will use your contact information to communicate with you about your institution's subscription and related services. If you provide us with the contact information of your colleagues, we may be able to tell you when we contact these people in connection with communications relating to the Service.
Access and update your information
The Service may allow registered users direct access to their account information, and to correct or update such information at any time. Updating this information is the sole responsibility of the user. Registered users can also close their account directly via the Service, or by contacting the Customer Service Department.
In accordance with the data protection and confidentiality laws, where applicable, you are entitled to request:
- access, modification and deletion of your personal information;
- the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or to oppose the processing of your personal information ; and
- the portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address below. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may ask you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and perform the transactions that you have requested, or for any other essential purpose, such as compliance with our legal obligations, retention of business and financial records, dispute resolution , maintaining security, detecting or preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our contracts.
Protection of your personal data
TAPH TECH applies generally accepted technological and organizational security measures to ensure that personal data collected are neither lost, diverted, accessed, altered or disclosed by unauthorized third parties unless disclosure of such data is required. by the regulations in force, especially at the request of a judicial authority, police, gendarmerie or any other authority authorized by law.
The security of personal data also depends on the Users. Users who are members of TAPH TECH services undertake to keep the confidentiality of their username and password. Members also undertake not to share their account and to declare to TAPH TECH any unauthorized use of said account as soon as they become aware of it.
Regarding promotional emails: You can at any time withdraw your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our communications or by contacting us.